Friday, March 22, 2013

another reason to love postcrossing

Look what showed up in the mail today! I did a mail swap with a Postcrossing friend in Belarus. I expected a letter & she had mentioned a magnet but look at all the thought that went in to this sweet gift. In addition to the fun map drawn on the envelope and the lovely Belarus postage stamps she also included: a handwritten note, a translation of phrases I can use (I love to ask for anything I can learn along the way), 2 bank notes that show: National Theater of Opera & Ballet & a Soviet WWII monument, 2 postcards, a stick of gum, a fridge magnet & a used bus ticket. I love that these pieces came from her daily life in addition to things she found. This made my day.

yes, i still send snail mail & love it...

No comments:

Post a Comment